RATES AND FEES
Bailey County Electric Cooperative (BCEC) strives to keep our rates affordable and reasonable at all times. Here is a list of fees you may incure. BCEC rates are outlined for all the different rate classes available. You can view BCEC's Rates here.
- Membership Fee - $5.00
- Reconnect Fee - $25.00 per member (for a member who has been disconnected for non-payment)
- After hours Reconnect Fee - $50.00 per member (disconnection for non-payment)
- Door Notice or Trip Fee - $25.00
- Insufficient Check Charges - $25.00
- Delinquent Fee – a one-time penalty not to exceed five percent (5%) on each delinquent account will be added directly to member’s bill
- $350.oo for a deposit on a Rate 101 or Rate 103
- All other deposits for rate classes will be computed at time of connect request
- New Construction - estimates provided at time of request
- Test Meter charge - $25.00 plus usage
Any customer having a check or other form of payment dishonored more than two (2) or more times within a twelve-month period may be required to pay by cash or cash-equivalent for the ensuing year. Checks returned to us for insufficient funds are subject to disconnection immediately.
An additional security deposit may also be required. All other applicable fees will be charged. Members with questions are encouraged to contact BCEC at least twenty-four (24) hours before the date electric service is scheduled for disconnect. Every attempt will be made to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
You may be able to avoid these extra charges by contacting our office in advance to arrange payment, an extension, or to be referred to agencies that can provide financial assistance.