2017 BCEC Scholarship Application is now available!
Bailey County Electric Cooperative (BCEC) will award scholarships of $1,000.00 each for a period up to two years at the end of May. These scholarships are being made available through Bailey County Electric Cooperative and First Bank. The deadline to apply is April 14, 2017.
ELIGIBILITY & PROCEDURES:
- BCEC scholarships are available only to:
- Students whose parent/parents or guardian live in the area and have received electric service from BCEC for at least one year.
- The student must be enrolled to attend school full time with a minimum of 4-courses or 12-hours.
- Factors considered in the selection process:
- The need for the financial help
- Having a desire to go and are of college material
- Grades will be considered, but may not be a deciding factor
- Recipients may choose to attend any accredited College, University, Junior/Community College, Trade/Technical School, or Business School.
- Courses must be taken in credit towards a degree, certificate, diploma, or license awarded by the educational institution.
- Applications must be received by April 14, 2017.
- If a student is chosen to be a recipient of the scholarship, the student will receive the amount of $250.00 at the beginning of each of semester for four (4) semesters. The scholarship will automatically renew each semester provided that the student maintains a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. It is the responsibility of the recipient to submit a transcript reflecting grades and credit hours which will verify that the student is attending school on a full-time basis.
- We do not propose to limit the number of scholarships to any one school, provided the students are eligible and distribution will be as wide as practicable. The student must be a graduate of a school that is accredited by Texas Education Agency.
- BCEC will award a scholarship check to an individual only once. If for any reason the check must be voided, the check will not be reissued.
If you have any questions, please contact Rickie Warren at BCEC by calling 806-272-4504.