Bailey County Electric Programs and Services
For information related to the programs and services we offer, please click on the icon associated to each topic.
Report an Outage
To report an outage, please call 806-272-4504 at any time. Dispatchers are available to take calls 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, 365-days a year. If possible, have your member information available. All of this information, such as member number, account number, meter numbers and name on account, is located on your monthly billing statement. Please be aware that BCEC does not monitor any social media outlets, including the BCEC Facebook page, at anytime to detect outages or emergencies. Members must call in an outage or emergency to the 24-hour a day phone number. Please be aware that during a widespread outage, phone lines can become congested. Please be patient and continue to call back until you are connected with a dispatcher.
BCEC Lobby Open Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. excluding holidays.
BCEC lobbies are open for to walk-in traffic Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. thru 5:00 p.m. excluding holidays. Our Morton Drive thru is open during regular business hours as well. All BCEC employees are available by phone at 806-272-4504.
For your convenience, we offer several methods to make payments.
- In-person payment
- eCheck phone payement
- Online at www.bcecoop.com
- Phone 806-272-4504
- Mail – PO Drawer 1013, Muleshoe, Texas 79347
- Payment Drop Box in front of our offices
- Drive through window at our Morton, Texas location
Should you need to report an outage or have any questions, please call our office at 806-272-4504.
Visit our Facebook page to keep current on BCEC happenings.
Critical Care Program
If you or someone permanently living in your household requires electrical life-sustaining equipment, we encourage you to apply to be enrolled in the BCEC Medical Critical Care Registry. Please follow the application instructions below and submit the required documentation.
1. Contact the BCEC office and request an application for enrollment. Or you can download and print the instructions, application and financial assistance listing provided below. The completed application and required documentation must be submitted in person to the BCEC office.
2. Fill out the application and return it to the BCEC office in person or by mail:Bailey County Electric Cooperative P.O. Drawer 1013 Muleshoe, TX 79347-1013
3. Request an official and original verification of electric necessity from your physician, due to your stated medical condition, and submit to BCEC. After both have been received by BCEC, you will receive a letter notifying you of your enrollment in the registry.
- This form will not be processed if incomplete or unreadable.
- Submission of this application does not automatically result in Medical Critical Care status. Notification of the action taken with regard to this form will be provided to the customer at the mailing address provided.
- Pursuant to the rules of the Public Utility Commission of Texas, designation as a critical care residential customer does not relieve a member of the obligation to pay for electric service, and service may be disconnected for failure to pay or make formal payment arrangements.
- Chronic condition or critical care status does not guarantee an uninterrupted, regular, or continuous power supply. If electricity is a necessity, you must make other arrangements for on-site back-up capabilities or other alternatives in the event of loss of electric service.
Government-In-Action Youth Tour
It's time to apply for the Youth Tour! We are so happy to share with you that the 2023 Youth Tour will be held June 11 - 19, 2023.
What is the Government-in-Action Youth Tour?
Every June, as many as 1,500 high school students from across the country spend a week in the nation's capital as part of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Youth Tour(. The students are sponsored by electric cooperatives – cooperatives that are committed to educating America's rural youth about America and the role electric cooperatives play in developing strong rural communities. Participating in the Youth Tour is an awesome way to learn about this great nation, develop leadership skills, gain a better understanding of electric cooperatives, and make friendships that will last beyond the week!
BCEC is happy to announce that we are again participating in the 2023 Youth Tour and sending four delegates to Washington, D.C. in June 2023! The Youth Tour will be held June 11 - 19, 2023/
Applications for the 2023 Youth Tour are available at either of the BCEC offices, at area high school counselor's offices or online under the Community Tab. Eligible Youth Tour applicants must have completed their sophomore year in high school or be classified as a current junior or senior. Students must have a valid Texas Drivers License or Texs ID and be a United States Citizen. Students cannot be older than 19 years of age by May 31, 2023. Watch for more information here on our website or on our Facebook page.
If you have a question, call our offices anytime from 8:00 a.m. - 5:0 p.m. at 806-272-4504 and ask for Suzie Brown or Amy Allen.
BCEC Education Scholarships
We believe one of our best investments is in educating the youth of our communities as they become our leaders of tomorrow. BCEC offers annual scholarships to eligible students to assist with expenses at any accredited university, college, junior college, technical school or trade school. Please visit the "Community Tab" located on our top menu bar for eligibility requirements, scholarship application and character reference sheet. The deadline to apply for the 2022 BCEC Scholarship is Friday, April 8, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Application packets can be printed from this website located in the Community section under scholarships, from your high school counselor or from either our Muleshoe or Morton office.
BCEC offers two (2) safety demonstrations: An Arcing Demonstration and a Safety Board Demonstration. These presentations illustrate how dangerous electricity is and instructs on how to stay safe around electricity. To inquire about booking a demonstration, please contact BCEC by calling 806-272-4504.